On this day we celebrate the pride, virtues, cultural richness, diversity and history of our country and pay tribute to the sacrifices made by freedom fighters.
After a long battle, India finally achieved its independence on August 15, 1947 from British rule. This year marks the 75th anniversary of the country’s successful fight for freedom. Independence Day is celebrated every year as a reminder of the country’s pride, virtues, cultural richness, diversity, and history.
On this day, we pay tribute to the sacrifices made by freedom fighters to liberate our country from 200-year colonial rule. The day also marks the anniversary of India’s separation into two countries: India and Pakistan.
When India became an independent nation on August 15, 1947, Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India, unfurled the national flag at the Red Fort and addressed the nation. This tradition has continued ever since. This year too, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the country from the Red Fort.
In the midst of continuous coronavirus pandemic, this year’s 75th Independence Day is celebrated with the theme “Nation First, Always First.” Due to the COVID-19 crisis, there will be no major events.
Here are some patriotic messages, wishes and quotes, that you can share with your family and friends on the occasion of Independence Day 2021:
- “Do not forget that the most serious crime is committing yourself to injustice and evil. Remember the eternal law: you must give if you want to receive” – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- “It is easy to kill individuals, but you cannot kill ideas. The great empires collapsed, while ideas survived. ”- Bhagat Singh
- “Freedom is not worth it if it does not connote Liberty err “- Mahatma Gandhi
- “Give me your blood and I will give you Independence!” – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- “Democracy and socialism are means to an end, not the end in itself” – Jawaharlal Nehru
- Never forget the sacrifice of our freedom fighters who made this country. Jai Hind! Happy Independence Day!
- May the glory of Independence Day be with us forever. I wish you a happy Independence Day!
- On this special day, we wish that our dreams of a new tomorrow come true! May your Independence Day be filled with patriotic spirit! Happy Independence Day!
- My love for my nation has no limits. My love for my people is infinite. All I wish for my country is happiness. Let me be the first person to wish you a special Happy Independence Day!
- We are lucky to be born in a country that was independent and we must thank our ancestors who made so many sacrifices for it…. Happy Independence Day 2021.
A Blogger, Author, and a speaker! Shamik Halder is recognized as a journalist in a newspaper and Admin of NewsGater.com. He loves to write about Today news, Breaking news, Entertainment, etc.
Email: [email protected]