Shinzo Abe, a politician who twice served as Japan’s prime minister, was born on September 21, 1954, in Tokyo and passed away on July 8, 2022, in Nara.
Who is Shinzo Abe? Let’s know about Shinzo Abe age, height, biography, career, family, boyfriend, net worth, and more.
Who is Shinzo Abe?
Shinzo Abe was a right-wing nationalist commonly referred to as a conservative in Japan.
Abe became well-known worldwide for his economic policies as prime minister of Japan, which included continued fiscal stimulus, monetary easing, and structural changes in the country.
Shinzo Abe announced his resignation in August 2020 due to a significant flare-up of his ulcerative colitis. In his stead, Yoshihide Suga became the next Prime Minister of Japan.
Shinzo Abe Wiki/Biography
|Political Party||Liberal Democratic Party|
|Political Journey||1993: Elected to Japan’s House of Representatives
1999: Became Director of the Committee on Health and Welfare and also Director of the Liberal Democratic Party’s (LDP) Social Affairs Division
2000-2003: Served as Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP)
2005-2006: Remained Chief Cabinet Secretary of the LDP
2006: On 26 September, became the Prime MInister of Japan for the first time
2007: On 12 September, announced his resignation
2012: on 26 September, won a run-off election for the leadership of the LDP, and on 26 December, again elected Prime Minister by the Japanse Parliament
2017: On 22 October, swept to a resounding victory in a snap election
2020: On 28 August, resigned as the Prime Minister of Japan for health reasons
|Date of Birth||21 September 1954|
|Date of Death||8 July 2022|
|Place of Death||Nara Medical University Hospital, Japan|
|Age (at the time of death)||67 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiopulmonary arrest after being shot while giving a campaign speech on a street in the city of Nara|
|Hometown||Nagato, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan|
|Height (approx.)||173 cm
1993: Selected to serve in the House of Representatives of Japan
1999: Appointed as the Committee on Health and Welfare’s Director and the LDP’s Social Affairs Division Director.
Shinzo Abe worked for the Liberal Democratic Party as the deputy chief cabinet secretary from 2000 until 2003. (LDP)
Chief Secretary of the LDP from 2005 to 2006 (Continued)
Shinzo Abe was inaugurated as Japan’s prime minister in 2006.
2007: On September 12, he announced his resignation.
Shinzo Abe prevailed in the Liberal Democratic Party’s run-off leadership elections in 2012 (LDP). As a result, on December 26 of the same year, Abe was chosen to lead Japan as its prime minister.
On October 22, 2017, Shinzo Abe won a snap election by a landslide.
2020: On August 28, Shinzo Abe announced his resignation as prime minister of Japan.
Shinzo Abe attended Seikei Elementary School and Seikei Junior and Senior High Schools. He completed further coursework in public management before graduating with a Bachelor of Political Science from Seikei University in 1977.
Shinzo Abe later moved to the US and spent three semesters studying public policy at the University of Southern California’s School of Policy, Planning, and Development. He started working for Kobe Steel in April 1979 and finally left the company in 1982.
Shinzo Abe worked in the government for several years, holding positions such as the executive assistant to the foreign affairs minister, private secretary to the LDP-general, and private secretary to the chairwoman of the LDP General Council.
He was born on September 21, 1954, in Tokyo, Japan. Age 67 is what he is. Shintaro (Father) and Yoko Abe are his parents (Mother).
Shinzo was born in Tokyo, Japan, to a prominent political family that had a significant economic impact on Japan before, during, and after the Second World War. Shinzo Abe’s family originates from the Yamaguchi Prefecture, and Nagato, Yamaguchi, is his registered residence.
Shinzo’s maternal grandfather, Nobusuke Kishi, served as de facto ruler of Manchukuo, a Japanese puppet state in Northern China, and occupied China as vice minister of armaments in Hideki Tojo’s government during World War II.
At the end of World War II, the US Military Occupation in Japan held Kishi at Sugamo Prison as a suspected “Class A” war criminal; however, as part of the occupation’s “reverse course,” Kishi was eventually released and de-purged.
Shinzo Abe Net Worth
According to reports, the former Japanese prime minister will be worth $10 million in 2022.
Shinzo Abe Girlfriend
Abe married the socialite and former radio DJ Akie Matsuzaki in 1987. She is the offspring of Morinaga’s chief executive officer.
Due to her outspoken beliefs, which regularly conflict with her husband, she has earned the moniker “domestic opposition party.”
After her husband’s first time as prime minister, she founded an organic izakaya in Tokyo’s Kanda neighborhood. However, at her mother’s suggestion, she does not take an active role in management.
The pair never had children since, early in their marriage, they tried failed reproductive treatments.
Some Facts About Shinzo Abe
- Shinzo Abe, a Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) politician from Japan, held the position of prime minister for the country from December 26, 2012, until September 16, 2020, making him the longest-serving leader in Japanese history. However, he was shot on July 8, 2022, while making a speech during a campaign in Nara. He died tragically as a result.
- He was born in Tokyo into a well-known political family.
The Abes were Yamaguchi Prefecture residents.
- His mother, Yoko Kishi, was Nobusuke Kishi’s daughter (former Prime Minister of Japan from 1957 to 1960).
- From 1982 until 1986, Shintaro Abe, Shinzo’s father, was Japan’s foreign minister.
- Abe began working at Kobe Steel in April 1979 after earning a degree in public policy from the United States.
- He quit the business in 1982 and applied for many government jobs.
- Shinzo Abe and Akie Abe were wed in 1987; they are childless.
- His father passed away in 1991.
- He was chosen in 1993 to represent Yamaguchi Prefecture’s first district.
- Abe expressed regret for Japan’s involvement in the War on August 14, 2015, during a speech commemorating the 70th anniversary of World War II. Still, he did not issue a fresh apology for its acts.
- Shinzo Abe was the first Japanese prime minister born after World War II.
- He was the first head of state to visit Trump Tower and meet the American president.