Russia-Ukraine is continuing its peace talks despite the Bucha incidents.
According to the Ukrinform news agency, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky stated that discussions between Ukraine and Russia will continue despite proof of “atrocities committed by the Russian military.”
“In any event, we must seek even the tiniest window of opportunity for the bargaining process. I believe it will be impossible to terminate the war without this,” in an interview with Turkey’s Haberturk television channel on Wednesday, Zelensky said.
According to the Xinhua news agency, he emphasized the importance of other nations’ mediation missions in the discussions, especially Turkey’s.
After the Ukrainian army retook control of Bucha from the Russian troops, at least 280 people, including children, were found dead. Bucha is located 28 kilometers northwest of Kyiv.
Zelensky previously described the death of civilians in Bucha as a “war crime.”
On Sunday, the Russian Defense Ministry rejected Kyiv’s claim that civilians were killed in the Bucha hamlet in Ukraine’s Kyiv area.
“All images and video materials provided by the Kyiv regime, purportedly showing some form of ‘crimes’ perpetrated by Russian military soldiers in the city of Bucha, Kyiv area, are another provocation,” the Ministry said.
It added that “no one resident suffered any violent acts throughout the period the settlement was under Russian control” and that “all Russian units entirely departed from Bucha on March 30.”
Devika Chowdhury – She is a professional news editor, writer, and blogger for the last 10 years. She is working with NewsGater as an off-beat news editor cum writer.