Shah try to 'trigger communal disturbances' during Bihar visit: JDU

The JD(U) of Nitish Kumar, the chief minister of Bihar, said on Sunday that Union Home Minister Amit Shah would attempt to “create communal unrest” when visiting the state later this month.

However, Rajiv Ranjan Singh alias Lalan, national president of the JD(U), stated that since the people of Bihar were on guard, Shah would not be able to help the BJP.

“Amit Shah Ji will attempt to ignite racial unrest in Bihar and around the nation while he is here. However, the people of Bihar are on guard (‘satark’), and the BJP will not be able to profit from the polarisation of the community, “Lalan warned the local media.

On September 23 and 24, Shah is expected to go to Purnea and Kishanganj, both of which have significant Muslim populations.

Fireworks are anticipated during the home minister’s journey, who is mainly considered his party’s chief strategist since the BJP has been alarmed by Kumar’s abrupt severing of links with his party.

READ MORE: Central Government To Bring Model Prisons Act: Amit Shah

According to Lalan, the JD(U), RJD, Congress, and the Left would win “40 out of 40 seats” in the state, and the BJP will be destroyed.

The saffron party, which presently has more than 300 MPs, would be “back to its beginning place when it won just two seats,” he further warned.

“He argued, “They (BJP) had a vote share of 38%; thus, it is feasible. Imagine what would occur if the remaining 62% were to join forces. Once momentum is built, the unified opposition may win 75% of the total vote share.”

Lalan was speaking the day after the JD(U), at its national executive, permitted Nitish Kumar to make whatever decisions that would lead to the unification of the opposition.

The chief minister will visit Delhi on Monday to meet with politicians, including Rahul Gandhi and Arvind Kejriwal.